In accordance with R. S. 18:424 and 18:425, you must have the following qualifications to serve as a Commissioner-in-Charge:
- You shall be a qualified voter in the ward in which you serve and who is not entitled to assistance in voting.
- You shall not be a candidate for election to public office or a member of the immediate family of a candidate for election to public office in the precinct in which you serve.
- You shall not have been convicted of an election offense.
- You shall have successfully completed a general course of instruction for Commissioners and a course of instruction for Commissioner-in-Charge.
- You shall have served as a Commissioner in at least 2 elections in the last 4 years.
COMMISSIONERS-IN-CHARGE ARE PAID $250.00 PER ELECTION IF SELECTED TO SERVE!!!