The East Feliciana Parish Clerk of Court’s Office issues both Birth and Death Certificates as a service to you, the public, for anyone who was born in the State of Louisiana or who’s death occurred in the State of Louisiana.
THE EAST FELICIANA PARISH CLERK OF COURT’S OFFICE ISSUES THE FOLLOWING VITAL RECORDS:
FULL (LONG FORM) BIRTH CERTIFICATES: $34.00 CASH ONLY
DEATH CERTIFICATES: $26.00 CASH ONLY
WE DO NOT ISSUE BIRTH CARDS.
(FOR ALL OUT OF STATE BIRTH AND DEATH CERTIFICATES, YOU MUST CONTACT THAT STATES VITAL RECORD’S OFFICE)
Persons who apply for a certified copy of a Birth or Death Certificate MUST produce a PICTURE ID and MUST have CASH ONLY.
THE FOLLOWING PERSONS MAY APPLY:
1) Registrant/Person named on the certificate
2) Mother of person named on the certificate (NO STEP-PARENT)
3) Father of person named on the certificate IF the Father is listed on the certificate (NO STEP-PARENT)
4) Maternal Grandparent of person named on the certificate (NO STEP-GRANDPARENT)
5) Paternal Grandparent IF the Father of the person named on the certificate is listed (NO STEP-GRANDPARENT)
6) Brother or Sister of the person named on the certificate
7) Children of the person named on the certificate
8) Grandchildren of the person named on the certificate
9) CURRENT legal Spouse of the person named on the certificate
10) Legal guardian of the person named on the certificate. However, the legal guardian MUST HAVE A CERTIFIED COPY OF A JUDGMENT OF CUSTODY THAT HAS BEEN SIGNED BY A JUDGE. Custody by mandate or provisional custody from a notary are not accepted. Transfer of custody witnessed by a notary can not be accepted.
11) Attorney: Must be representing the person applying for the certificate at present or attorney for an Immediate family member of the person named on the certificate. Must have a letter or representation on original letterhead from the Attorney. The Attorney’s bar number must be on the letter as well as the case number and the person to whom the document is to be released.
12) Attorney’s paralegal/court runner: Must have a letter from attorney on attorney’s original letterhead stating the case number, attorney’s bar number, and the name of the person to whom the document is to be released.
13) Funeral Director: May request death certificates acting on behalf of the immediate or surviving family up to one year after the date of death.
14) Beneficiaries: May request death certificates but MUST have a copy of the Insurance policy showing applicants name listed as the beneficiary or last will and testament naming requestor as beneficiary.
PLEASE NOTE: AUNTS, UNCLES, COUSINS, STEP-SIBLINGS, OR GOD-PARENTS CAN NOT GET A PERSON’S BIRTH OR DEATH CERTIFICATE UNLESS THEY FALL IN ONE OF THE ABOVE CATEGORIES.
PLEASE NOTE: WE CAN ONLY PRINT DEATH CERTIFICATES FOR THE YEARS 2013 TO PRESENT. IF YOU NEED A DEATH CERTIFICATE BEFORE 2013, YOU MUST CONTACT THE VITAL RECORD’S OFFICE IN NEW ORLEANS, LA TO OBTAIN.
Vital Records telephone: 504-593-5100
THOSE WHO SEEK TO ALTER OR AMEND A BIRTH/DEATH CERTIFICATE, MUST DO SO THROUGH THE VITAL RECORD’S OFFICE IN NEW ORLEANS, LA. WE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO MAKE CHANGES TO ANY BIRTH OR DEATH CERTIFICATE.
Vital Records telephone: 504-593-5100
IMPORTANT: IN CASES WHERE APPLICANTS PROVIDE OR ATTEST TO FALSE INFORMATION, THE INDIVIDUAL WHO SIGNS THE APPLICATION IS THE INDIVIDUAL PROSECUTED UNDER THE STATE LAW –
LSR R.S. 40:61 A FINE OF NOT MORE THAN TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS OR IMPRISONMENT OF NOT MORE THAN FIVE YEARS, OR BOTH SHALL BE IMPOSED ON ANY PERSON WHO WILLFULLY AND KNOWINGLY MAKES ANY FALSE STATEMENT ON ANY APPLICATION FOR A CERTIFIED COPY OF A VITAL RECORD.
(ALL ID’S MUST BE VALID AND CURRENT)
1) State Issued Driver’s License or State Issued ID
2) Twic Card
3) Current State/Hospital Employee ID
4) Current Military ID
5) U.S. Passport
6) For Students: Current School ID with Current Year
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A PICTURE ID THAT FALLS IN THE LIST ABOVE, PLEASE CALL OUR OFFICE AT 225-683-5145 AND WE WILL ASSIST YOU.
THE EAST FELICIANA PARISH CLERK OF COURT’S OFFICE ISSUES BIRTH AND DEATH CERTIFICATES MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY (EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS) BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 8:30 AM AND 3:00 PM.
IF YOU ARRIVE AFTER 3:00 PM, YOU MAY FILL THE FORM OUT, PAY FOR IT, AND PICK IT UP THE NEXT BUSINESS DAY.
The East Feliciana Parish Clerk of Court’s Office thanks you for allowing us to serve you!